maanantai 13. maaliskuuta 2017

Job Hunting & The Long Way Home



Helloo!

It's been a while and I think it is time for a little life update. I have been mainly working on myself and most of all: feeling better. As I mentioned a while back, I have finally quit the nasty cigarettes and that has been helping me to feel stronger both mentally and physically. Of course, there are the symptoms that come with quitting, but the coughing, shortness of breath and old cigarette taste in the mouth just enforce the feeling that this is the right thing to do. Yay! Apart from that, my husband and I have made it a habit to go have a walk every morning right after waking up. And you wouldn't believe what a huge difference 30 minutes in the fresh air moving your body can make. We have so much more energy and especially for me it has been a big mood booster. Not to mention that it helps with weight loss! Which brings me to my new diet...I have been more consistent with my meal times and with what I actually eat. Before I might eat my first meal of the day sometime in the afternoon (too lazy to eat), but now I take care to get all the nutrition I need in the day. I also focus on following in general the principles of clean eating. All that is going great, but I must admit my biggest struggle is with le vin!! Wine is life, but I'm working on that haha! And I do also love the apĂ©ro, but now we eat vegetables with a dip instead of chips and bread sticks :)

When it comes to work..I had another interview today and this time in L'isle sur la Sorgue. I have recently been looking for just simple jobs to do while I'm working on my french. I'm bored of staying at home and slooowly leveling up my language skills. I want to do at least something and also preferably be left alone considering my french for now. So I applied for a dish washer's position and after today's interview they will let me work one day as a test with them. Basically after the first day I'll be fired or hired. The hard part is that they have a loot of customer places and I'm expected to be done with the dishes at the same time as everybody else is done with their work. Also, the boss looks like he could be the captain of a pirate ship. Sometimes my life really surprises me...

After the interview I made my way to the train station of the village. I noticed there were men driving with a big ass tractor back and forth the train rails and I was just there guessing that they will give way to the train once it arrives. There were nobody telling us otherwise anyway. Well, there I am waiting and I spy a japanese adventurer looking quite lost with his big backpack. I get an itch to chat with him in japanese, but I feel shy so I decide to mind my own business. I hear the announcement for my train and make my way towards the rails, but...the tractor is still making mayhem there. My instinct tells me that this is again one of those things. You know, there is a crazy arrangement that nobody tells you until you ask the dutiful, hardworking employees of the place. At this point I find out that the japanese dude is two inches from my face and tries to ask something without realizing that he is talking half english, half japanese. I get so nervous that I just stare him mouth open, because I want to speak japanese, but I'm looking so hard for the words. Poor man takes this as a rejection and apologizes in three different languages. I finally get my shit together and explain to him in japanese with a french accent (??) that it seems like we'll not be having any train arrive today. I ask at the counter and find out that there's a bus actually arriving in two minutes to take us instead. At this point I feel like such a genius as I maneuver the situation in three different languages, making sure that the japanese adventurer also finds to his destination. 

When the bus finally came and I had specifically told the dude where I'm going, what followed was a veeery long trip home. As the bus arrived to my village, I pressed the "stop" and was expecting the driver to slow down at any moment: okay...stop there...oh, maybe the next one,..there? no?..fuck...we are out of the village. So I made it all the way to Avignon in the end until I was able to get out :D There I became a victim of the "works today, tram tomorrow" mayhem and found out that the bus line that used to go to my village leaves from a different (unknown) stop these days. In the end I had to alert my father in law to graciously come to save me. Instead of a 15 minute trip back home, I was finally at my house 4 hours after the interview 😆😆😆

So that's what's up! See you soon!

Ps. The cats are doing well also. Manu brings us lots of birds and rats as gifts and Noki enjoys his comfy indoor life ^^

Ei kommentteja:

LÀhetÀ kommentti