sunnuntai 4. joulukuuta 2016

The Internship, Crocheting And Cats



No matter what, time has to move on. My internship ended officially last Friday and I couldn't be more relieved. The following night I kept waking up and every time I was so happy to realize that next morning I wouldn't be going back. Don't get me wrong though. The internship went very well. They even gave me recommendations for a job that I have been dreaming of applying for. They also offered me a contract to help them out during the busy periods. But oh boy, during these last three weeks I have been under more pressure than in a long while. Many badly slept nights, skipped meals, cups of coffee drank and too many cigarettes smoked.

I am still proud of what I have accomplished. Just few months ago I was starting this formation. Trembling, almost crying, because I had to practice taking a hotel reservation in french in front of a classroom full of people. And now for three weeks I have been serving clients in french language in a local hotel and my bosses were actually satisfied with my work! This is a great accomplishment. I almost feel that if I continued working there I could really get comfortable there.

But the last day was hard! Difficult phone calls, missing reservations and lost customers. According to my colleague it was a typical Friday evening. I wouldn't have minded that much though if I could have been more at ease on the phone to help the lost customer or assure better the one whose reservation we couldn't find. There's still room for improvement. When dealing with customers, I too often leave things unsaid just because I don't want to sound stupid. I almost feel like it is an insult to try to serve them with my broken french. In reality most of my customers have been very understanding and kind to me. They don't really mind as long as the message gets through.


Despite of all the big changes and challenges going on I have been carrying on with crocheting. My furry sons have been very interested in my doings and can't resist testing the  comfort of my creations. There's always someone on top of my t-shirt yarn or half finished work.

Finished this t-shirt yarn doily rug that will be a Christmas gift. 

Manu guarding Mama's crocheting stuffs.
These crochet doily rugs are so fun and fast to make that I couldn't resist buying this faded purple/violet yarn to make yet another one. It turned out so nice that I put it on our kitchen table. As you can see, Manu is finding my rug very comfortable. My next mission is to find some chunky wool yarn to crochet more Christmas gifts!







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti